Written by Dr. Katherine Roe
Harvard experimenter Margaret Livingstone appears to be attempting to maintain the general public at nighttime, simply as she does with the monkeys in her laboratory. In a current assertion, she tried to justify her horrific experiments on monkeys by claiming that she has solely sutured two monkeys’ eyes shut for solely one 12 months in 2016 and stating that her analysis has loosely benefited people.
PETA is looking BS, and we have now the receipts!
The next examples are solely a small pattern of the torment and distress that Livingstone has inflicted on animals over the previous 4 many years.
- In contradiction to her assertion, she sewed shut the eyes of 5 rhesus monkeys, together with infants, again in 2005. Then she killed them.
Receipt: “Lack of Neurofilament Labeling within the Major Visible Cortex of Monocularly Disadvantaged Monkeys”
- She disadvantaged cats of sleep by forcing them to remain awake in a rotating drum that she had constructed herself, intubated and paralyzed them, and implanted them with electrodes to check how their sleep-deprived mind cells would reply to visible enter.
- She saved a child owl monkey and the animal’s mom in full darkness for as much as 20 hours a day for the primary 10 weeks of the infant’s life.
- She drilled holes into the skulls of not less than dozens of squirrel monkeys, owl monkeys, long-tailed macaques, and rhesus macaques; surgically implanted electrodes into their brains; and connected head posts to their skulls. She additionally sewed coils onto the floor of their eyes. Then she both chemically paralyzed them or used head restraint units to maintain them nonetheless whereas she recorded their mind exercise. For most of the experiments, the monkeys have been killed inside days of those procedures.
- She intentionally inflicted strabismus—or crossed eyes—on child squirrel monkeys by slicing the attention muscular tissues they wanted to make use of with the intention to focus.
- As well as, she’s taken new child toddler rhesus macaque away from their moms in order that she will sew their eyelids shut or power them to be raised by employees members carrying welding masks.
Possibly Marge has been torturing monkeys for thus lengthy that she has forgotten all of the horrific issues she has accomplished. Or possibly she’s hoping nobody is aware of easy methods to do a literature search. Talking of such searches, if any of her wicked animal experiments have led to therapies for Alzheimer’s illness, glioblastoma, or tremor, she hasn’t printed any of that work. We wish these receipts!
Please be a part of PETA and virtually 60,000 supporters in calling on Harvard’s administration to shut Livingstone’s laboratory.