After two years of hiatus, in-person WordCamps have returned, and September 9/11 is WordCamp US 2022. This WordCamp US (WCUS) can also be being livestreamed. In the event you miss it, you’ll be able to make amends for the periods when they’re posted on WordCamp TV.
On this put up we will likely be recapping the occasion because it occurs. Keep tuned for updates!
We got here in from around the globe for #WCUS2022 and are so excited to be taught & construct! 🥳
How are you attending to #WCUS #SanDiego? Let’s share pics on this thread! ✈️ 🚘
👋: @wpmodder @nealey @courtneyr_dev @GoGinaMarie @marcusdburnette @sunsanddesign @ChrisEdwardsCE pic.twitter.com/SM515f8vsc
— GoDaddy Professional (@GoDaddyPro) September 7, 2022
What’s WordCamp and what are the advantages?
WordCamp is a meetup occasion for individuals all in favour of all issues WordPress. Creators and innovators from all industries and backgrounds can collectively collect and share concepts that make WordPress’s open supply software program a significantly better software for all to take pleasure in (aka the WordPress open supply undertaking).
Whether or not you’re establishing your first portfolio web site as a contract author or growing a brand new widget as a seasoned coder, WordCamp is the place to be taught and uncover new alternatives by way of issues like:
- Networking alternatives
- Dialogue panels
- Q&A periods
You can too count on different enjoyable advantages like free swag, cool prizes and after-hour events as an additional bonus for attending.
How WordCamp US differs from a typical conference
At WordCamp, you gained’t discover countless rows of distributors centered on promoting their merchandise.
As an alternative, you’ll discover unofficial gatherings within the hallways between periods — often called hallway tracks — the place individuals community with each other to dish out their favourite commerce secrets and techniques and chat about key happenings inside their industries. Whereas there may be an energetic sponsors space, these manufacturers are centered on relationship constructing and being a part of the WordPress neighborhood.
Studying from WordPress contributors
One of many largest methods WordCamp empowers attendees is thru Contributor Day. That is the place WordPress customers are gathered into totally different groups throughout the platform to debate all of the methods they contribute to the general undertaking. It’s additionally an awesome alternative for individuals to ask questions and meet new faces from totally different industries.
Anybody can signal as much as be a contributor and is inspired to take action — irrespective of your talent degree or background.
Taking WordCamp US 2022 to San Diego
This yr, WCUS headed to San Diego, California to have fun the three-day occasions on the City and Nation Resort. Right here, company basked within the heat climate, took in all of the sights from native seashores and chowed down on a number of the greatest Mexican meals within the nation.
One of many highlights from this yr’s journey included a yacht occasion, hosted by Pagely, that set sail on the San Diego bay at evening. Company sipped on cocktails, dined on native delicacies, and danced the evening away — all whereas taking within the picturesque skyline and marina views that town has to supply.
Meet the GoDaddy group on the bottom
As a proud supporter of the WordPress neighborhood, the GoDaddy group was keen to hitch in on the motion with over 40 representatives from varied manufacturers inside the firm. Listed here are a number of the notable faces you might need acknowledged from this yr’s occasions:
- Adam Warner – Director of Area Advertising for GoDaddy
- Courtney Robertson -Net Designer & Developer Advocate for GoDaddy Professional
- Marcus Burnette – WooCommerce Specialist for GoDaddy Professional
- Sandy Edwards – Senior Advertising Supervisor for GoDaddy
- Evan Weiner – World Director & Head of Social Advertising for GoDaddy
- … and dozens extra from 4 GoDaddy manufacturers on the bottom, together with our WordPress contributors and people engaged on our WordPress choices.
WordCamp US 2022 occasion recap
On the lookout for a breakdown of this yr’s occasions? Take a look at the stats beneath.
- Attendance: This yr’s sold-out occasion was capped to 650 tickets and was a extra intimate ambiance in comparison with the 1000’s of tickets offered in prior years.
- Contributors: TBD after Contributor Day on September 11, 2022.
- Audio system: There are over 40 audio system, together with a couple of from GoDaddy! You’ll find the full listing of audio system and schedule posted on the WCUS 2022 web site.
- Manufacturers: There are 13 media companions and 34 sponsors together with GoDaddy Professional and GoDaddy household manufacturers, Pagely and Sucuri.
- Workshops: Along with lightning periods (15 min) and common periods, there are a variety of workshops the place attendees can comply with alongside. Right here’s a couple of linked from the schedule:
- Web site Accessibility Testing Workshop – Amber Hinds, Alex Stine, Friday, 1pm
- The Nexus of Design and WordPress – David Yarde, Friday, 3:15pm
- Construct Your First Block Theme – Daisy Olson, Saturday, 9:15am
- Tips on how to Create Your Model Content material Type Information – Maddy Osman, Saturday, 1pm
- Making Safety Easy for Plugin and Theme Builders – Robert Rowley, Saturday, 3:15pm
We stay up for seeing attendees! Keep tuned for our recap of Day 1.